Wastewater Task Force
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View most recent Agendas and Minutes
- Jeff Adams, Natural Resource Commission
- Alan Cathcart, Water/Sewer Superintendent
- Arthur Fulman, Public Works Commission
- Toby Kramer, Citizen Representative
- Marcia Rasmussen, Director - Planning and Land Management
- Hardik Raval, Public Works Water Engineer - Water Systems
- Richard Reine, PWLF, Public Works Director
- Fred Watriss, Residence C Zoning District Task Force
- Christopher Whelan, Town Manager
- Jeff Wieand, Select Board
The Task Force was formed at the request the Select Board in February 2008 in response to the issuance of a Report in December 2007 entitled The Status of Municipal Wastewater in Concord, MA. Selectmen chair Peggy Briggs attended the initial meeting of the Task Force on March 4 and requested that the group develop answers to the 5 fundamental questions posed in the Report:
- How much wastewater flow is associated with the desired development or redevelopment of areas identified in the Planned Production Housing Plan and Comprehensive Long Range Plan?
- For what portion of this flow can and will the Town provide municipal wastewater management options?
- In what time frame is this new, municipally-managed flow anticipated to be generated?
- How will the Town fund design and construction costs associated with any future municipal wastewater management solutions?
- Which areas that are currently under-serviced have the highest value to the Town in terms of sustaining continued economic growth through the redevelopment and housing production?
Water Discharge Wastewater Permit
View the link to the Environmental Appeals Board (EAB) website with information and filings related to Town of Concord NPDES Surface Water Discharge Wastewater Permit Appeal.