Two Week Look Ahead Schedules
Update from 12/20/12:
- Town of Concord representatives met with project contractor, D.W. White, State regulatory and MassDOT staff along with their consultants on Thursday, December 13, 2012 to review progress on the project’s environmental permitting requirements. Submittals for the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), onsite environmental monitor and plan, and proposed onsite wetland specialist were reviewed with favorable comments.
- D. W. White has re-submitted their project schedule for review and approval by MassDOT. Approval is anticipated in the upcoming weeks and will be posted on the Town’s website upon receipt.
- Project Contractor, D. W. White is currently working on installation of silt fence, hay bales and has completed construction signage. Work is also being done on asbestos abatement on the 8 houses along route 2 in Lincoln, in preparation for demolition.
UPDATE: 6/12/13 at 12:45 PM
Crosby Corner Traffic Alert (Sandy Pond Road Access from Route 2)
MassDOT project officials have notified the Town of Concord that the access restriction from Route 2 to Sandy Pond Road which began on Tuesday 5/28 and was scheduled to end on Friday, May 31 will be extended through Friday, June 21. This closure is necessary to allow for a substantial excavation of Sandy Pond Road, up to 10' in cut, along with the installation of a new gas main. The details are as follows:
- Date of closure: 5/28/13 through 6/21/13.
- Hours of work: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Sandy Pond Road will be closed at Route 2 and at Baker Bridge Road.
- There will be No access from Route 2.
- Abutters/Police/Fire will have access to Sandy Pond Road at Baker Bridge Road
- Sandy Pond Road will be detoured to Baker Bridge Road to Route 126 to Route 2 East.
- Route 2 eastbound will be detoured east to Bedford Road to Sandy Pond Road. Detour signs will be installed.
- A message board has been installed providing notification of this extension.
- A police detail will be stationed at Sandy Pond Road/Baker Bridge Road during hours of shut down.
- Sandy Pond Road will be opened nightly at 5:30 PM and traffic will run on gravel through the work area
- Drake Park Road will have direct access to Route 2.