There are many things we can do to reduce the number of miles we drive around town and beyond.
- Bicycling is a great way to get around and get exercise. Take advantage of several nearby bike trails - Minuteman Commuter Bikeway, Assabet River Rail Trail, and the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail.
- Concord Bikes is a volunteer community group that promotes bicycling as a heathy and environmentally positive means of transportation and recreation. They sponsor the annual Concord Bike Fest and advocate for safe cycling throughout the town.
- Follow Bike-to-School Concord for safety tips, routes, and events for kids and parents biking to school.
- Take the commuter rail into Boston. Concord has two stations - one in West Concord and one on Thoreau St - making it convenient to get into Boston by train throughout the day every day of the week.
- The Yankee Line bus offers roundtrip transportation into Boston - two inbound trips and two outbound trips - picking up at Crosby's and going direct to Boston from there.
- Carpool when you can. Bay State Commute can help you find carpool options and rewards commuters for taking green transportation such as walking, biking, telecommuting, carpooling, vanpooling, taking transit, or working a compressed work week.
- Are you a senior? The Council on Aging (COA) can provide transportation on a first come, first served basis to Concord seniors around town for medical appointments, trips to the bank, haircuts, visits to a friend, events at the Council on Aging, and more. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Replacing your car with an electric vehicle will save you money, cutting your fuel costs by at least 50%. Electric vehicles also reduce your impact on the environment by almost 70% today. Learn more about driving electric in Concord!
- Not sure what's available on the market? There are many makes and models of electric vehicles available today. Green Energy Consumers Alliance provides discounts on electric vehicles to Massachusetts residents. They can also help you to compare models.
- Questions about how to charge your electric vehicle at home? Concord Municipal Light Plant provides tips and info about how to charge at your home.
- With apps and websites like Plug In America, ChargeHub, ChargePoint and EVGO it's easy to find charging stations on the go. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>