In July 2019, Concord received $100,095 in grant funds from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts through the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Program to develop a Climate Action and Resilience Plan. This plan is the next step in charting a course toward achieving Concord's climate goals. It will build upon the vulnerability assessment completed during the MVP planning grant process, the community-wide GHG inventory, existing town plans and initiatives, and many other resources and research to outline key priority actions for climate action.
Sustainability and resilience work best in tandem and when everyone is involved.
The Town has contracted with Kim Lundgren Associates (KLA) to help to develop the plan. The Climate Action Advisory Board will take a leadership role in advising the plan development, kicking off with KLA at their September 18, 2019 meeting. The climate action and resilience plan is scheduled to be completed in June 2020.
This 2-page overview contains information about the plan's goals, elements, and timeline.
We welcome and encourage input from the community throughout the process. Submit your ideas through the online form at any time.
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan Scope of Work
- Sustainable Concord_Project Timeline
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan Kickoff_KLA CAAB 9 18 19
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan_KLA CAAB Meeting 11 20 19
- Sustainable Concord_Presentation to Housing Roundtable Dec 5 2019
- Sustainable Concord_Open House Poster Results_Dec 11 2019
- Sustainable Concord_Community Engagement Update - Dec 2019
- Sustainable Concord_DRAFT Fact Sheets_Combined CAAB feedback_Reviewed Jan 15 2020
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan Update_2 27 2020
- EXAMPLE Blueprint ZNE Buildings_3 3 2020
- Sustainable Concord Fact Sheets_V3_3 3 2020