Business Certificates

Under Mass Gen. Laws c. 110, s. 5, Business Certificates provide consumers with information about companies doing business in names other than the individual(s) name(s) when not filed with the Massachusetts Corporations Division.

Businesses operated out of residential locations require an application for a Home Occupation Permit with the Building Department before filing a Business Certificate with the Town Clerk's Office. The Building Commissioner then determines whether or not a permit is required.