How do I get rid of furniture and household items I no longer want?
Furniture in good, usable condition may be donated to a charitable organization. These pieces must have no stains, rips, or broken parts and still be in good condition. There are no organizations that will accept furniture that needs to be reupholstered or which require a slipcover.

Many charitable organizations will pick up furniture, household items, and clothing at your home if you have sufficient quantities. Look in the yellow pages or contact Concord Public Works at 978-318-3240 for a list of charitable organizations that pick up at homes.

Household items and clothing may be dropped off at the Goodwill trailer at Crosby ’s Supermarket daily between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Clothing may also be dropped off at the Red Cross drop boxes located at Papa Razzi and the West Concord Train Depot and at the Salvation Army clothing drop box at the West Concord train depot. All items should be clean and in good, usable condition. Household Goods in Acton is the closest organization that accepts furniture. They also accept household goods. Call Household Goods in Action at 978-635-1710 or visit the Household Goods website.

Show All Answers

1. What happens to the materials I place in my recycling bin?
2. Are pizza boxes recyclable?
3. Can old pots and pan be recycled at curbside?
4. What materials can I recycle in my green bins?
5. Is there any place where I can recycle my plastic bags?
6. How do I recycle corrugated cardboard?
7. What do I do with old paint?
8. How do I dispose of my old smoke/fire detector?
9. How do I get rid of furniture and household items I no longer want?
10. How do I get rid of my old TV or computer?
11. How do I dispose of my trash and recyclables?