Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Preliminary Step 1: To be eligible for a rebate, heat pump projects require sizing and design pre-approval by Abode Energy Management before installation begins and a quality assurance (QA) check by Abode after installation is complete. Once the project has received its pre-approval and quality assurance approval, Abode will submit the pre-approval and QA documentation to CMLP on your behalf.
- The pre-approval form to be submitted by the installer to Abode prior to installation is abodeem.com/preapproval. Abode will review the proposal and provide pre-approval or feedback.
- The post-installation quality assurance survey to be submitted by the installer to Abode is abodeem.com/MLP_Install_Form. The quality assurance check may include an on-site inspection, if necessary.
Preliminary Step 2: CMLP’s rebate application requires you to attest that the heat pump installation has passed a Town of Concord Building Department electrical inspection and, if applicable, a sheet meal inspection. Ensure that the following steps have been taken before you apply for a heat pump rebate.
- The project electrician must apply for a Town electrical permit before work begins, and schedule an electrical inspection after the work is done.
- If the project requires sheet metal ducting work that goes beyond minor repairs, a sheet metal permit must be obtained for the project. Examples of projects that require a sheet metal permit include installation of new ducting or replacement, significant repairs or changes to existing ducting. The Town of Concord's inspector must have inspected and approved the sheet metal work.
Payment of rebates is contingent upon verification by CMLP that Town records show the appropriate inspection approvals for the project.. Find out more about permits and inspections in the Quality Assurance section on this page. The Building Department's contact information and hours are here.
Rebate Application Step: Access the rebate application at the button below, and complete it with assistance from your installer or CMLP Energy Specialist Pamela Cady (firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-318-3149). If you are working with a heating/cooling coach, they may be able to help you as well. Upload the following documents with the rebate application.
- invoice from a heat pump installer showing:
- installation address
- installer company name
- outdoor and indoor equipment manufacturer and model numbers
- integrated control model numbers, if applicable.
- Whole-home heat pump verification form signed by you and your installer, if the heat pump system installed will provide 100% of the heat needed in the residence.
The rebate application must be received by CMLP within 90 days of the heat pump installation date. The installation date is the date that the installation was completed, inclusive of any additional work needed in order for the project to pass Abode Energy Management's quality assurance check.
The Town of Concord assumes no liability for any equipment, installation or damages.
The Town may inspect equipment to verify the above information up to 1 year after receiving the rebate application.
Application for Ground Source Heat Pump Rebates Coming Soon!